Why Choose Stainless Steel for Bathroom Accessories?
Stainless steel is one of the best materials to use for your bathroom accessories and fixtures. Stainless steel is a high-quality metal which will last for many, many years.
For new bathrooms or bathroom renovations, using stainless steel fixtures is the easiest way to add a touch of class and style to the room.
What is stainless steel?
Stainless steel is a low carbon steel containing about 10% chromium. There are more than 60 different grades of stainless steel.
The addition of chromium gives the steel its unique stainless, corrosion resisting properties thanks to the outer layer of chromium oxide film.
This external layer of film will self-healing if the surface is damaged mechanically or chemically as long as there is oxygen available.
What are the advantages of using stainless steel bathroom fittings?
Stainless steel accessories for your bathroom come with many unique benefits such as:
- Extremely durable and hardwearing.
- Easy to clean, hygienic and highly resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Stainless steel is much more resistant to staining than many other materials.
- Resistance to high temperatures including fire and will retain high strength at extremely high temperatures.
- Bright, shiny, modern and attractive appearance.
- 100% recyclable: More than 50% of new stainless steel comes from old, remelted stainless steel scrap metal.
Is stainless steel considered good quality?
Stainless steel is one of the most common materials found in bathrooms and kitchens today and is of very high quality.
It's used to create a wide range of appliances and fittings because it is durable, easy to sanitize and corrosion resistant.
Do stainless steel bathroom fittings rust?
No, stainless steel will not rust under normal circumstances.
How do you keep stainless steel accessories clean?
- Wipe surfaces using a microfibre cloth moistened with warm water. It's also safe to use dish soap.
- Dry the surface with a towel or cloth to eliminate water spots.
- Wipe in the direction of the metal grain when cleaning/drying and you'll create a shiny, polished finish.
If there are scratches on the surface or stains you cannot remove, a stainless-steel cleaner may be required. A specific stainless-steel cleaner will remove stains, protect against scratches and polish the steel surface.